Beginning 2019, Prairie Wind Players is working through the development of a set of strategic plans to guide the organization and its efforts for the next 5-10 years. Through an inclusive process involving patrons, volunteers, sponsors and stakeholders, and the general public, we’re collecting information to inform these plans.
A high-level overview of our timeline and milestones follow:
- April, 2019: Announce initiative of strategic planning
- June-November, 2019: Broad input survey for stakeholders and patrons of PWP
- December, 2019 – January, 2020: Follow-up with stakeholders, partners, and members in focused activities
- December, 2019 – May, 2022: Synthesize results and create draft themes, priorities, and opportunities to share with PWP members (annual meeting)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its unforeseen impacts on the operations of Prairie Wind Players, the Board of Directors chose to implement certain high-priority projects of the yet-unpublished strategic plan. A full cancellation of the season afforded levels of access and amounts of time not normally available in a standard year and afforded a pause to re-evaluate the data previously collected.
- March 2020-April, 2021: Strategic planning placed on hold
- Spring 2021: Re-evaluate previously identified themes and priorities
- Fall 2021: Draft strategic plan and identify priority themes and activities; create actionable plans
- May 2022 (tentative): Formal Board of Directors approval of strategic plan
- Summer 2022: Publish strategic plan; continue acting on plan initiatives